Minutes of Slow Food Saddleback Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 17 October, 2018
5.30pm Silica Restaurant, Manning St Kiama, NSW
Celia Wade, Michael Blythe, Beverley Blythe, Judith Ball, Liz Churcher, Carolyn Evans, David Evans, Barb Khalifa, Omar Khalifa, Rhonni Garven, Jan Watson, Laurie Watson, Des Wittingslow, Jan Gluth, Geoff Webb, Helen Attwater, Vicki Steele.
Rainer and Gabriella Zuch, Paul and Kaye Turnbull, Mary Anderson, David Ball.
Celia Wade (Chair) declared the meeting open at 5.35pm and welcomed those attending. Apologies were noted.
Minutes from 2017 AGM
Celia presented the minutes of the 2017 AGM. No matters were arising from these minutes.
Moved: That the minutes of the 2017 AGM be accepted as presented.
Proposed: Liz Churcher. Seconded: Carolyn Evans. Motion carried.
Celia Wade presented her summary of the year’s events.
In her summary Celia:
• Welcomed and thanked committee members and other volunteers for their support and enthusiasm.
• Highlighted that the last 12 months have been very active for Slow Food Saddleback.
• Thanked retiring committee members Liz Churcher and Helen Attwater for their significant contributions to the committee.
• Thanked Rhonni Garven for her excellent work on the SFS website.
• Thanked Jan Hampshire for her great work on the Facebook page.
• Highlighted the progress made along with Slow Food Berry to Jervis Bay on the Snail of Approval (artwork circulated).
• Announced that SFS has received funding from Kiama Council to run a fermentation workshop in the coming year.
• Noted that Slow Food Shoalhaven is changing its name to Slow Food South Coast.
Treasurer Michael Blythe presented the financial statements, noting that the statements run from 5 July 2017 to 31 July 2018 (dates adjusted to ensure expenses and revenues for events were included within the same year).
As at the 17 October, the number of memberships is 51 (with many of these being couples).
TryBooking has made payments for events much easier to capture and Michael would like the use of TryBooking to continue.
A question was raised about the proportion of the membership payment that goes to Slow Food International in Italy. The exact amount varies by membership type (amount) but in the example of a $90 membership it seems that $60 of that goes to Slow Food International in Italy, $15 to Slow Food Australia and $15 to Slow Food Saddleback.
Moved: That the Financial Statements be accepted as presented.
Proposed: Celia Wade. Seconded: David Evans. Motion Carried.
Appointment of New Committee
Geoff Webb (Returning Officer) took the chair and declared all committee positions vacant.
The number of nominations matched the number of positions. Geoff declared all nominees duly appointed. The Office Bearers for the coming year are:
Leader: Celia Wade
Treasurer and Ticket Secretary: Michael Blythe
Secretary: Barbara Khalifa
Committee Members: Carolyn Evans, Judith Ball, Rhonni Garven and Ros Markezic.
As leader for the coming year, Celia Wade announced coming events:
• 24 November will be Eating from the Garden Year Round at the garden of Judith and David Ball.
• Regional Terra Madre Day: 2018 Terra Madre lunch will be hosted by the Slow Food Canberra and Country Convivium on Sunday 9 December at the Woolshed at Mona Farm. Ark of Taste products Galloway beef and Monaro purple garlic will feature on the menu. Details will be posted on our website.
• Cheese Challenge in February. Kangaroo Valley Cheesemakers will attempt a world record cheese tasting event on 16 February 2019. Cheese will be donated by Bodalla, Bega and South Coast Cheese. Target is 700+
Attendees were invited to put forward suggestions for future events:
• Helen Attwater suggested a workshop on Knife Skills.
• Coordination is also sought with neighbouring Slow Food groups.
Meeting closed at 6.10pm.