Join us on 6 March to learn about honey production in a local setting PLUS an invitation to let us know of any suggestions you might have for future events.+ Read more
Slow Food is good, clean and fair food.
The Slow Food Mission
- We believe that the food we eat should taste GOOD, that it be produced in a CLEAN way that does not harm the environment, animal welfare or our health, and that food producers should receive FAIR compensation for their work.
- Slow Food members work to defend biodiversity in our food supply, spread taste education and connect producers of excellent foods with co-producers through events and initiatives.
- Slow Food is an International member-supported association.
- Slow Food Saddleback was established in 2006, we are a not for profit community group based in the Kiama municipality of NSW.
- Our convivia joins twenty others as Slow Food Australia.
- 100,000 members from 1500 convivium world wide make up Slow Food International which is based in Italy. This global organisation can promote campaigns and projects to raise awareness of some of the most pressing topics affecting our food system.
- Our group hopes to promote the use of local, seasonal and sustainable produce by practicing Slow Food’s Good, Clean and Fair principles.
- Our events and workshops are informative, enjoyable and a good way to meet like minded folk and share ideas.
- We showcase local produce and chefs.
- We promote food education by running regular food workshops.
- Our members share a common belief in the Slow Food philosophy and welcome new participants at our meetings and activities.
Snail of Approval
Covering the Illawarra
Slow Food Saddleback is inviting nominations for the Snail of Approval for 2023-2024. The awards will be presented in time for the summer season, and to advertise the successful businesses.
The Snail of Approval is an international recognition program for food producers, artisans, retail outlets, restaurants and cafes that clearly demonstrate a philosophy of adopting earth friendly practices.
Learn more Download the application form
A list of award recipients and the winner of the business development grant.+ Read more
Join us on 2 February for a Bring and Share meal and presentation of the Business Development Award (recipients of the 2023-2024 Snails of Approval are offered the opportunity to apply for this award).+ Read more