2 large eggplant
1 T milk
1 clove garlic, crushed
11/2 cups grated parmesan
1 T finely chopped continental parsley
salt and pepper
- Slice eggplant into 5mm thick slices.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a shallow bowl until well combined.
- In another shallow bowl mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and parsley. Season and mix until well combined.
- Coat both sides of an eggplant slice with egg mixture then transfer to breadcrumb mix, coat both sides and set aside. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- Heat 3-4 T olive oil in a large heavy bottom fry pan over medium-low heat. Place 4-6 slices of eggplant in the pan and cook until golden on each side (about 1-2 minutes).
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggplant in batches adding oil between batches as needed.
- Serve hot or cold.