At the Annual General Meeting on 19 October 2022, the following office bearers were elected:
Convivium Leader: Celia Wade
Secretary: Fiona Kennedy
Treasurer: Rhonni Garven
Committee Members: Judith Ball, Carolyn Evans, Kaye Turnbull, Roslyn Markezic
The meeting then unanimously accepted a proposal to streamline the payment of annual membership fees by making all fees payable on 30 June each year (currently memberships are due in almost every month of the year). The membership to Italy will be paid for all memberships in July each year.
To transition to the new system, the following adjustments will apply:
- Those members whose fees are due up until December 2022 will be offered the option of paying 50% membership, with membership due for renewal in June 2023. Members will be asked to email Slow Food Saddleback (Celia Wade, Leader firstname.lastname@example.org) for advice on the amount of payment needed. Of course, Slow Food Saddleback would be delighted if members choose to pay full membership in order to support our key activities.
- Memberships which fall due January to June, 2023 will be deferred until 30th June 2023 when all memberships will be due. If membership is due January to June, and members would be more comfortable, an adjustment of their membership can be requested (email email@example.com) to reflect the loss of the months where they would otherwise not be a financial member.
- New members during the year will pay proportionally depending on joining date. The leader will acknowledge their membership and welcome them but they will not have membership to Italy until the following July.
- For those members who have taken out a 3 year membership, the adjustment will be made when their membership falls due.
- For the 2022/2023 year only, there will be a payment to Italy in January 2023 and then full membership payment in July 2023.
During this transition time members may not receive regular newsletters from Italy. These will be available on the website.
This change will significantly reduce the background work in payment reminders and organization as well as payments to Italy.