Submitted by Celia. From Hopewood Health Retreat.
1 large eggplant, or small ones
2 T tahini
1 clove garlic
juice of half a lemon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
sprigs of parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prick eggplant to prevent bruising and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until flesh is soft.
- Cool and peel, remove as much juice as possible, then mash or blend in food processor to a puree.
- Add tahini and lemon juice, beat after each addition.
- Add cumin and blend.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or tahini if you like.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with flat breads.