Slow Food is good, clean and fair food.
The Slow Food Mission
- We believe that the food we eat should taste GOOD, that it be produced in a CLEAN way that does not harm the environment, animal welfare or our health, and that food producers should receive FAIR compensation for their work.
- Slow Food members work to defend biodiversity in our food supply, spread taste education and connect producers of excellent foods with co-producers through events and initiatives.
- Slow Food is an International member-supported association.
- Slow Food Saddleback was established in 2006, we are a not for profit community group based in the Kiama municipality of NSW.
- Our convivia joins twenty others as Slow Food Australia.
- 100,000 members from 1500 convivium world wide make up Slow Food International which is based in Italy. This global organisation can promote campaigns and projects to raise awareness of some of the most pressing topics affecting our food system.
- Our group hopes to promote the use of local, seasonal and sustainable produce by practicing Slow Food's Good, Clean and Fair principles.
- Our events and workshops are informative, enjoyable and a good way to meet like minded folk and share ideas.
- We showcase local produce and chefs.
- We promote food education by running regular food workshops.
- Our members share a common belief in the Slow Food philosophy and welcome new participants at our meetings and activities.